Monday 26 September 2016
We're looking for enthusiastic volunteers to become advocates for waste reduction by advising Essex residents about food waste, reuse and home composting.
All you need is to be able to volunteer for a minimum of three activities (over a year) and have plenty of enthusiasm to improve your local community and environment.
What you can do as a WasteBuster
- Promote home composting, reuse and Love Food Hate Waste at local events
- Talk to community groups about meal planning and portion sizes
- Host drop-ins and workshops about cooking with leftovers or using compost
- Assist with crafts and upcycling sessions
- Write press releases and articles
- Anything that suits your skills or helps you follow your passions
Benefits of being a WasteBuster
- You'll receive full training and have access to excellent resources
- Paid travel and lunch expenses
- You'll gain knowledge and experience in food waste reduction and home composting
- Meet like-minded people at regular social events
- Engage your local community and develop your own ideas
- Rewards at key milestones such as an annual subscription to Garden Organic
Upcoming Training Day
The next training day will be held on Saturday 28th July 2018, 11:30am until 3pm in Chelmsford Library. To be a part of this growing volunteer group contact us below.
To find out more